The victim in Barcelona records the audio of the threats and presents it as evidence in court
Barcelona, ES, March 12, 2020 – CertifydocTM. The events took place on April 7, 2019 at the home of the victim who received a highly intimidating call. Final judgment of the Court of Instruction 20 of Barcelona n. 794/2019 **
After a few weeks of verbal discussions between the victim and an acquaintance about an alleged debt, the victim receives a call from a relative of the acquaintance. It doesn’t take long for the dialogue to become intimidating and offensive, leaving the victim in fear.
The complainant used a common application on his mobile to record the conversation and once the call was finished, he certified it with Certifydoc.
The victim thus felt empowered and reassured when having to testify in front of the judge and the accused.
“We appreciate the possibility of contributing with new technologies to justice; highlighting the importance of presenting certified audios as digital evidence ”, declares Mario Scalabrino, CEO of Certifydoc.
* About Certifydoc: Certifydoc is a web app that provides strong legal relevance to photos, videos, audio, email and all types of electronic documents. Qualified time stamping: date certain and integrity for digital evidence.
** Due to privacy issues, it is not allowed to reveal more details or names of people or places. The judgment has been published publicly in court and can be freely verified.
Latest posts by Mario Scalabrino (see all)
- 2/7. It is also a distributed ledger - 08/09/23
- 1/7. It is an infrastructure - 11/06/23
- Legal framework and security of digital assets - 25/04/23
- PETEC Tuesdays on notarization with legal relevance and blockchain - 26/03/23
- Workshop Blockchain Legalization Engine for Beta Testers - 06/03/23