The client of a cafeteria in Barcelona records the assault on video and presents it as evidence in court.
Barcelona, ES, February 24, 2020 – CertifydocTM. The events took place on January 1, 2020 in a central Barcelona cafeteria near the Provenza station. A man is attacked by a woman while trying to defend the shop assistant. Final judgment of the Court of Instruction 22 of Barcelona n. 19/2020 **
During the morning of the first day of January, a regular customer of the establishment was having breakfast after the New Year’s celebration, when from his table he began to hear a verbal conflict between the shop assistant and a group of customers for trivial reasons. The tone increased until the Mossos (local police) arrived, forcing the group to leave the premises with difficulty.
When the police force had already left, the group wanted to re-enter the premises. It was at this point that the complainant, to protect the integrity of the clerk and the premises, blocked their way.
One of the people was violent with him, causing minor injuries and damage to his wardrobe. Luckily, the victim recorded on video with his mobile since the first verbal conflict.
The Mossos returned to appear at the scene of the events to force them to leave the cafeteria for good and record statements made by the victim and the witnesses.
The complainant, knowledgeable about Certifydoc *, certified all the videos and photos taken to be able to present these digital evidence in court with date certain and integrity.
“It is a great pleasure to see that Certifydoc’s digital evidence reaches final judgments, further validating the admissibility and evidentiary effectiveness of its certifications”, declares Mario Scalabrino, CEO of Certifydoc.
* About Certifydoc: Certifydoc is a web app that provides strong legal relevance to photos, videos, audio, email and all types of electronic documents. Qualified time stamping: date certain and integrity for digital evidence
** Due to privacy issues, it is not allowed to reveal more details or names of people or places. The judgment has been published publicly in court and can be freely verified.
Latest posts by Mario Scalabrino (see all)
- Press release – Final judgment for a rental deposit claim with certified evidence from Certifydoc - 26/02/21
- Baffling facts about femicide statistics - 20/05/20
- Gender violence: an epidemic without a cure? - 04/05/20
- Press release – Final judgment for threats including evidence certified with Certifydoc - 02/04/20
- Press release – Final judgment for minor injuries including evidence certified with Certifydoc - 24/02/20